contentment


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



if there was ever a moment in my life where i could stand back and really be proud of my accomplishments, today would be the day. nothing of extraordinary significance happened today, or anytime recently for that matter, but looking at my overall life and where i've gone and what i've done over the past year or so...it's pretty great.

sure, there's the Germany thing. it's still cool-- it always will be. how many people can list an internship (in their field of study) in a foreign country on a resume? yeah, not many, but i'm one of them.

but i feel like there's a whole lot more. i'm still waiting for a decision about last week's design job interview. if i get it i'll be thrilled. not only would it be normal, decent hours, but it would give me a chance to actually get some real world experience before graduating. just thinking about all of the stuff i could put in my portfolio would be compensation enough. (but alas, my parents are not made of money and i need an income to finance this education and the roof under which i currently reside.) it's been two months, nearly two and a half now(!), since i applied for that job. i have no idea how many applicants they had, but it feels good to know that i made the cut for an interview. even if i don't get the job, i'll have the satisfaction that at least i was good enough to be considered. i'm sure there were applicants who didn't get interviewed. so at least i'm somewhat decent, right?

i feel like part of my design self died while i was abroad. even at my internship i feel like i wasn't ever doing anything really creative-- more or less just grunt work. i really haven't designed much for the past year. so of course part of me was a little hesitant to get back into the swing of things. but i feel more confident than ever in my work now. confidence is key. i'm slowly learning that.

so even though i am back at school, painfully single, and harboring a festering pile of bacteria in my body in the form of a cold...i'm content. (2 points for me.)


1 Responses to “contentment”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    in a world where nearly nobody is content with anything...i must congratulate you on your contentment. kudos my friend.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3