CAUTION: Week currently being made.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



after tossing and turning in bed last night i finally dosed off around 1. maybe 2? i don't remember. hot temperatures and extreme humidity mixed with fears of forever being unemployed and all flowed into my room through the opened windows and kept me alert for what seemed like hours.

i woke up this morning at way too:early am (5 sounds familiar) and knew that it was too early to get up. but then it was 7:30 and the jack hammer was hard at work down the block building ugly condos right next to 280 (alex, you know the ones i'm talking about. [not only are they ugly, but they're are ruining my REM cycle.]). and there were clouds-- the kind that look like they're ready to release torrents of rain...but not until you walk out the door (without an umbrella).

i went to the union and found a great job online that just opened at the Walker yesterday. so i took extra care to make my resume, cover letter, etc. extra design-tastic in hopes of impressing the folks at the contemporary art museum. i am crossing fingers for this one. (i've crossed fingers that are already crossed about a million times over in the past couples weeks. when everything is over and the dust settles i presume that my knuckles will be in knots.)

i stopped by the bookstore and talked to some old co-workers and picked up an application. an hour later after getting caught in the rain (with a book and my laptop in my only semi-waterproof backpack) i got a call while driving on the interstate. then another. i checked my messages and i'm going back to the bookstore tomorrow at 10. making money! that 30 second voicemail made my life so much easier.

and then the sun came out. and the water evaporated. minneapolis turned into a sauna. and then i cussed that i was dumb enough to wear jeans. and i baked all the way back to campus.

good bye, ulcer!


0 Responses to “CAUTION: Week currently being made.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3