never too late to learn


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ever since living abroad and dealing with multilingual people on a daily basis, it's come to my attention that only knowing two languages is sooo lame. although spanish would be pretty useful since like everyone and their brother in the world speaks it, i have absolutely no desire to learn it. i think it's just too different from german. last night my friend alex went online and enrolled me for Dutch. I figured, "what the heck, it's basically like english+german." and i'm pretty decent at both of those, so why not?! plus alex will be in the class, which would be a nice little comfort. he said it would be beneficial so when we are assigned speaking activities we can both be the wives of a progressive, dutch couple.

woot.


4 Responses to “never too late to learn”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    michael, are you serious? you're the one that was telling me a language takes up so much time during school--takes up credits and takes effort. i thought you wanted to graduate on time. but i agree that being able to speak multiple languages would be really great.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    bailey,

    it's only a 2 credit class and i'm going to take it pass-fail. multilingualness is hot, anyway.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I really wanted to take Dutch, but I've met the teacher and she is frightening. I'm sure she warms up to you when you take her class, but she once bitched me out for hanging up a flyer in Folwell because it was "too close to her office." Anna and I talked about taking Finnish (she's already taken Norwegian) because that professor is really well liked in the department as well as really attractive, but there are apparently 17 cases in Finnish which is kind of a turn off. Ultimately, I don't even have room for a language class to begin with in the fall, but the second I do, (in the spring) I am so ready to begin language #3. Multilingulness is definitely hot.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    the finnish instructor (who i know because he also teaches phonology) IS really great.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3