wanderlust


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



i got a note from my old high school german teacher today and she said she was proud of my experience. and she said she was jealous of my travels. at the end she wrote, "'wanderlust'-- it's such a great thing." it is. the month of january was the most spectacular month of my life. i saw so much, i took so many pictures, and i felt so foreign. i loved it. ideally, i would love to go some place this summer. however, i must work. and that money must go towards school and rent (whenever we find a house). but i feel so stuck here. does anyone want to do a mini road trip/bike trip with me this summer? or...does anyone feel like going to asia with me next year? i hear thailand is very nice.

i think the reason why i love traveling is because of all the emotions you experience. you're excited to plan it, anxious for your departure, nervous whilst en route, relieved/excited/amazed/awestruck/overwhelmed upon arrival, you feel foreign while you're there (which is my favorite emotion), you're sad to leave, but you're happy once you're back home. yeah. i want to go through that again. soon.


1 Responses to “wanderlust”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i love the word wanderlust. what a great word for a great feeling.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3