possible career choices


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



while coming back from my lunch break at work today, i ran into some design friends and we ended up talking for a while. while i was gone one of the two ended up getting engaged (isn't everyone these days?). both are getting ready to graduate in may and i'm just thankful that i have two whole years left before i graduate. honestly, i'm scared to graduate. getting a real job scares me. and even though i didn't really enjoy my internship in berlin, it was a good experience. it really helped me figure out what i do and do not want to do for a future career. gah, career. that word alone is daunting to me.

with the uptown art fair this past weekend, i've been thinking about just setting up my own business and becoming an artist...of some kind. if i ever had money to get off the group, i wouldn't mind trying to sell prints of my photography. i just don't have the money for frames right now. and after making my desk, the idea of furniture design sounds kind of tempting. i know making stupid desks out of old doors wouldn't make me enough money to live off of. but it would be cool to own my own shop selling my own things and making a profit off of it.

which brings me back to meeting up with aforementioned design friends. we talked about internships and life after college and i mentioned how i wanted to try my luck out east and get a job with a publishing house. i've been keeping new york in the back of my head for months now and i think when the time comes, i'm going to apply for it. ten weeks in new york would be great. i could get my feet wet in the publishing business and summer in nyc would be amazing.

...and i continue to look for a second job in mpls. never-ending, uphill battle.

the Killers second album comes out on October 3. mark your calendar, molly!


1 Responses to “possible career choices”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Yay for the Killers! I heard they had a new album coming out in October, but I didn't know the date. Thanks for filling me in, I'm marking it down! I listened to them at work last night. Oh, how I love me some good music.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3