things keep rollin' along.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



i don't even know how many weeks it's been since school has started. around five? somewhere around there sounds about right. life's monotony continues as always with work, class, work, work, class, class, sleep, etc. more class and work than anything else. nothing really new and noteworthy to mention. i got new glasses. they are awesome and designerly and they're practically the equivalent of wearing an entire month's rent on my face. i think most people approve. i pride myself on looking more like a designer than anyone else in my design studio & lecture.

my four-week long Northrop project will conclude tomorrow. i still feel really confident about it. my group of three (2 girls and myself) selected my logo (since it was obviously the best of the three) and have made a bunch of materials (in the form of flyers, websites, mailers, etc.) incorporating my design. it's nice to see things come to fruition. i think that's why i love graphic design and the tangible things you can hold on to afterwards.

i got an email this afternoon that i nearly just junked, thinking that it was more random junk from the U. but i opened it up a second time and took a look at the website. it's called Art Buddies and it's a group of 50 volunteers (both students and professionals in various creative fields) who help underprivileged kids help realize their various design/creative dreams. it's a couple of wednesday afternoons after i'm done with class. not only would it be a great opportunity to network with fellow graphic designers, but i think it would just be a crapload of fun. so i applied and i'll hear back from them in 2 weeks. i'm excited!


1 Responses to “things keep rollin' along.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i think you should definitely be an art buddy.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3