welcome back


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



with the end of the academic year nearly a week behind me, an old job done and over, and the beginnings of a new job sitting right in front of me, i feel like now is sufficiently exciting enough to write. about something. anything.

never before have i ever worked so hard, academically, in my life. my creativity and my patience were pushed to the breaking point by the end of the semester. finally, after months of solitude i came out of my shell and befriended a bunch of new people i had passed off all last semester. it's great to be able to go to class again and look forward to seeing familiar faces; people you enjoy spending time with. lots of revision, several hundred dollars later, a much-improved knowledge of power tools, and several great portfolio pieces later...i feel like i'm well on my way to going where i want and doing what i want to do.

all that dedication has made me a stronger person. there were many weekends where i didn't do anything but homework. ever since germany i have prided myself on being a self-sufficient person. to see people, couples, who depend so greatly on each other is almost a turn off. it's hard to know people like that and continue to be friends with them. when you have no common interests with each other, is there a point to continuing that friendship? why keep a dysfunctional friendship, now based on a bedrock of misunderstanding and disrespect, going? there comes a time when you have to let people go.

i quit my job this week. although it was a decent job with ok pay, i feel like i made the right choice by accepting this new position. i was sincerely hoping that i could land a design internship for the summer, but i know this experience will be beneficial to my career. i'm excited to observe and learn and contribute.

i talked to my mom the other week and i just told her that i got my new job. she mentioned how she was really proud of me and said that it was finally that time in my life that i have experience and skills that make me a really desirable candidate. i owe a lot to my parents and my friends. thank you.


0 Responses to “welcome back”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3