it all comes pouring down.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



while in my room working on finalizing up Northrop's logo (i'm designing their logo, btw) i heard water flowing. since the eastern wall of my room is on the other side of the shower, i sometimes hear when aaron and alex turn it on. so i thought alex was just turning on the shower. i thought nothing of it. until it got really loud. and then we ran into the hallway and there was a large amount of water coming out of our ceiling and the kitchen door frame. it lasted for about 10 minutes. now all that remains is a ceiling full of flaking paint chips and a smattering of pots and pans still on the floor to catch any leftovers.

and this pouring water got me thinking...i need to vent (thanks for already listening, bailey and alex). brace yourself for a rush of grief:

i take my education seriously. the projects that we're doing now are equally important as projects we'll have once we enter the workforce. graphic design is about communication-- and doing it in a creative, fresh way. i don't think a majority the people in my studio class realize that. i'm getting really sick of having my ideas copied and executed half-assedly. come up with your own damn ideas, jerks. if you're going to rely on other people for your work, you aren't going to have much of a career in design.

if these are the people i'm up against for jobs once i graduate, then i am not the least bit hesitant.

for your viewing pleasure, i documented the fiasco. sorry it's sideways-- i just ran to get my camera and didn't think about the orientation.


1 Responses to “it all comes pouring down.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    And then, all at once, the benefit of living in Arizona became clear to me . . .

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3