the grindstone. it's back!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



after whoring myself out to the various departments at the University this week I am ready to go to bed at 8:30 on a friday night. school hasn't even started yet and i'm already exhausted. really, this entire summer has been exhausting.

i left home in june after a falling out with my mom and didn't really know whether or not i would ever really be welcome back home again. a month after i left i flew back home for my dad's wedding and stayed at my mom's house. at the end of my time back at home i had managed to get in another quarrel with my family. and then i just kind of gave up and focused more exclusively on my life here in minneapolis.

and then there was the whole grief of finding a job. if there was anything i've learned from this summer, it would be to never quit your job in the middle of summer without having a new one lined up. cuz you'll probably be pretty poor by the time you get a new one. i am glad that i got to spend a summer up here though. i'm grateful that we got to find this house-- i love being here and i love coming home at the end of the day.

i've biked more than i ever thought i could. how much? definitely over a thousand miles. it feels good to keep one more car off the road and be independent of gasoline.

i discovered that i have a knack for being handy around the house. and that's really cool. if only my bank account was larger. magic could be done, i'm sure.

i'm working both sunday and monday and then attending an end of the summer get-together before classes start for me at 8am on tuesday morning. winning the lottery would make life so much easier right now.


0 Responses to “the grindstone. it's back!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3