i'm a dreamer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



i called to shoot the breeze with my mom tonight since i had nothing to do. literally, i spent the entire night on the phone, in the tub, or in front of the tv playing nintendo. during the 40 minute conversation with my mom we talked about my future plans. "future" referring to thanksgiving, this coming summer, and even post-college.

i told her how i've been really interested in interning in new york for the summer. her initial reaction was "oh, ok. how are you going to afford that?" then i dropped the research bomb i've done and after finding out that housing is provided free of charge, i'd be able to sublet my place in minneapolis, and i would probably get a decent hourly wage, she approved. i'm glad. i'd like to try and get a feel for the east coast, since i have a feeling i'll be moving out there after school to get into the publishing business. either that or london.

after i convinced her she said to me, "you certainly do have big plans for yourself, michael. first berlin, now new york?"

my reply: "i know."

there is nothing wrong with setting your sights high. it hasn't failed me lately.


1 Responses to “i'm a dreamer”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i get the same reaction from my parents when I talk about living and working in Germany. To get all businessey about it, I really think our parents just have no concept of how "flat" the world has become. They didn't grow up in the kind of world we are, where it's really not that unusual to work on two different coasts or in a foreign country. So i think what looks like ridiculously high expectations to them is really more "normal" for our generation.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3