stop. think. get weirded out.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



sitting in bed listening to one the many great Ryan Adams cd in my iTunes, i decided to look up the lyrics to my favorite ryan adams song/my all-time favorite song. i guess i never really payed a whole lot of attention to the lyrics (i was always just captivated by the excellent guitar solo). so yeah, i guess my favorite song of all time is about a woman taking her child and leaving her husband. guess i never realized that. is it depressing that my favorite song has such a dark theme? eh. should i feel dumb that i never realized this before? probably...

hands down, i would have to say that ryan adams is my favorite musician. love that guy.


2 Responses to “stop. think. get weirded out.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i think it's funny that you never knew until now, but it's not bad to have dark favorite songs. for example, my two favorite wilco songs, "she's a jar" and "via chicago", are about domestic violence ("with feelings hid/ she begs me not to hit her") and suicide ("i dreamed about killing you again last night/ and it felt all right to me"). and you can't like elliott smith without liking depressing songs — even the most happy-sounding track on figure 8 has dark lyrics if you pay attention.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i know exactly what you mean about lyrics to favorite songs. i'm constantly in a search for lyrics to describe my day and every song melody that i think would work, does not. my favorite songs usually have lyrics dealing with being alone.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Michael
  • From Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
  • laughter makes the world go round. i'm studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota and enjoying (nearly) every minute of it...just not the homework.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3